Applies to: Students, Faculty, Staff
Answers the questions:
- How do I unlock my account?
- How do I reset my password?
- I forgot my password, what do I do?
- When I sign-in, it says my account is blocked, how do I unblock my account?
- I tried to sign-in too many times and locked myself out, what do I do?
If you have enrolled your account for the password reset service then you can click the "forgot password" option under the login screen when signing into any Asbury service. This article will walk through those steps to get you back into your account. If you have not previous enrolled your security questions, secondary email, and phone number for password reset, please see this article Enroll your Asbury Account for Password Reset.
Below is a video on how to reset your password or unlock your account. Continue reading below for written instructions.
1. Click on Reset Password or Unlock Account at the bottom of the Asbury login page (Seen on Discovery, Portal, Email, etc.) or visit password.asbury.edu.
2. Enter your Asbury email address as your User ID and complete the CAPTCHA challenge.
3. If you need to reset your password or remove an account block, select the I Forgot My Password option. If you know your password, but your account is locked, select I know my password, but still can't sign in.
4. Now select a method to verify your identity from the options listed.
5. After successfully verifying, you will be prompted to reset your password. If you selected to unlock your account instead, your account will be unlocked.
Your new password must meet Asbury's password requirements policies. Passwords not meeting these standards will be rejected.
- Passwords must be twelve characters or more in length.
- Passwords must contain 3 of the following character types: Numbers, Uppercase Letters, Lowercase Letters, & Symbols.
- Passwords cannot match previously used passwords or any words on Asbury's blocked phrase list.
- Passwords must be reset every twelve months.
- If you enter an incorrect password three times, your account will be automatically locked. To unlock your account you can do so using these instructions or by waiting 1 hour for your account to unlock automatically.
- When your Asbury password is changed, it will automatically change your password for Discovery, Portal, and your email.
6. You will receive a success message when the password has been reset.
7. Return to the Asbury website you need to access and enter your username and your newly created password. I
If you still cannot access your account, you may have an additional security block on your account. Please contact the Service Desk for help.