Applies to: Students, Faculty, Staff
Answers the questions:
- How do I use Grammarly?
- What is Grammarly?
- How do I create a Grammarlyaccount?
Grammarly is one of Asbury's vendors providing students with Grammarly Premium for free. Grammarly is a sophisticated set of grammar checking tools that can help to improve your writing by improving grammar, word choice, and basic spelling or punctuation mistakes. If you have Microsoft Word, then you already know some of what a good spell check can do, but Grammarly is a lot more sophisticated because unlike MS Word, it also scans for readability, contextual issues, and other issues. The basic features include:
- Contextual Spell Check
- Context Optimized Synonyms
- Grammar Check for over 250 Types of Issues
- Plagiarism Checker
- Poor Grammar Explanations
- 24/7 Support
Essentially, Grammarly offers the same features as a thesaurus, a quality grammar checking program, and a plagiarism checker.
Grammarly access is provided by Asbury, but we do not provide support for the service. We do, however, help guide people to creating their Grammarly for the first time.
Creating a Grammarly Account
Use these instructions to create a new Grammarly account:
- Visit https://www.grammarly.com/edu/
- Click on Sign Up with Your School
- Create a new account using your Asbury email and a new password.
- Enjoy using Grammarly Premium!
Logging in to Grammarly
Every current Asbury student has access to Grammarly. They can find it in two ways:
- Log in to Discovery, click "Grammarly" in the navigation bar and then sign in.
- Or, go to https://www.grammarly.com/edu/ and sign in.