As of August 2021, all active students, faculty, and staff are required to access Asbury services using multi-factor authentication (MFA). This means users will be prompted to use both their Asbury account username and password and another additional form of authentication, such as an SMS, email, authentication app, or hardware token when logging in on new devices.
This document walks through how to enroll and configure MFA for your Asbury account.
Table of Contents:
Enroll your Asbury Sign-in for MFA
When signing in to your Asbury account before configuring MFA, you may be prompted with a message indicating "more information required." If you are not presented with this page, visit https://aka.ms/mfasetup to begin the enrollment process.
1) Click "Next" to begin the process of setting up MFA for you Asbury account.
2) You will be asked to enter a phone number for use as a MFA method. Enter your phone number and select where you'd like to verify the number via text or voice call. Click "Next" when you're finished and a 6-digit code will be sent to your phone number.
3) On the next screen, enter the 6-digit code sent to your phone number and click "Next"
4) Your phone number will now be registered as a MFA method whenever you sign-in to Asbury services requiring MFA.
5) Next, you may add a secondary email address as an second verification method. if you already have a secondary email associated to your account, it will be automatically added as a MFA method.
6) Click "Done". You're now set up with Multi-Factor Authentication for your Asbury account! Whenever you sign-in on a new device, you will be promoted to verify your identity using one of the MFA methods you entered.
Adding a new MFA Method to your Asbury Account
Adding multiple methods to verify your account can safeguard you from loosing access to your account and provide you with the convenience of multiple authentication methods when signing into your account. See below for how to add more FMA methods to your account.
1) Logon to https://myprofile.microsoft.com
2) Under "Security info" click "Update Info"
3) Click "Add Method"
4) Select from the list the kind of authentication you'd like to add
5) Next, you will be asked to enter details about your choice and verify. For example, if adding a phone number, you will be asked to verify the phone number via text or voice call.
6) Enter the verification code given to you by your chosen authentication method
7) Click "Done"
Your authentication method has been added and will now be an option for MFA when you sign-in to Asbury services. To add a third authenticaion method, you can repeat this process for other authentication types so that you have additional options when signing in.