If you are unable to find the IP address of your device to register it through connect.asbury.edu, you can send us the MAC Address!
1. Log your device into the "AU Student" networking using the password "GoEagles".
2. Use the instructions below to find your MAC Address.
3. Enter the MAC address in the IP address Lookup service request form. Using this form, we will provide you an IP address that you can register your device with.
4. Once you have your devices IP Address, use the following documentation to connect your device to the network: Using connect.asbury.edu
Jump to your device here:
1. Amazon Echo
4. Apple iOS
5. Google Home
7. Xbox 360
8. Xbox One
10. Wii U
11. Nintendo Switch
13. Sony Playstation
Use the instructions below to find your MAC address, send that to the Service Desk and we will send back your IP Address. Once you have your devices IP Address, use the following documentation to connect your device to the network: Using connect.asbury.edu
1. Download the Amazon Alexa app to your phone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
2. Connect to the wireless network transmitted by your Echo device.
3. The wireless MAC address for your Echo can be found at the bottom of the Echo Setup screen in the Alexa app.
1. Plug in your Amazon Fire TV stick into your TV.
2. If this is the first time using this Fire TV device, the wireless MAC address will appear in the list of wireless networks during setup at the far-right of the list. If this Fire TV stick has been used in the past, navigate to settings> System> About> Network and the wireless MAC address will be listed at this screen.
1. Open the settings app.
2. Select About Phone/Tablet> Status
3. The MAC address will appear under Wi-Fi MAC address.
1. Open the settings app.
2. Select General> About.
3.The wireless MAC address is listed next to Wi-Fi Address.
1. Plug in your Apple TV and follow the set up until you reach the step to connect to a network.
2. Attempt to connect to Asbury Wi-Fi (AU wireless or AU student). This will fail, which is normal.
3. The wireless MAC address should now be displayed on the Apple TV's screen.
1. Plug in your Google Home.2. Download and open the Google Home App on your phone.3. You should see your Google Home listed. Select it and then press Set Up.4. Accept the prompt allowing your phone to connect to your Google Home.5. Answer the set up questions listed.6. Enter the location of your Google Home and select Continue to finish setup.
7. Tap the device you want to obtain the MAC address for.8. On the device overview page, Tap Settings
9. Scroll to the Information section at the bottom of the Device settings page and locate the MAC address.
1. Plug in your tv.
2. Download and open the Google Home app on your phone.
3. Open the app and find the Chromecast device. Select it and then press Set Up.
4. Accept the prompt allowing your phone to connect to your Google Chromecast.
5. Answer the set-up questions listed.
6. Enter the location of your Google Chromecast and select Continue.
7. After the initial set-up, tap devices on the top of the home screen in the app.
8. Locate your Chromecast.
9. Tap the '3-dot' icon/menu button.
10. The MAC address is located at the bottom of this screen.
1. From the Xbox 360 main menu, go to My Xbox> System Settings> Network Settings> Configure Network.
2. Select the Additional Settings tab and then select Alternate MAC address.
3. The wireless MAC address will be listed at the bottom of this screen.
A. If you are setting up your Xbox One for the first time:
1. Complete the initial setup until you reach the network connection step.
2. Attempt to connect to the Asbury Wi-Fi. This will fail, which is normal.
3. Select Fix It.
4. Wait for the troubleshooter to fail.
5. The MAC addresses will now be listed. Use the wireless MAC address.
B. If you have previously set up your Xbox One:1.From the Xbox One home screen, select Settings.
2.Under the Console tab, select Network.
3.Select Advanced Settings. The wireless MAC address will be displayed.
1. Select Wii Settings.
2. Select Internet> Console Information.
3. The wireless MAC address is listed under MAC Address.
1. From the Wii U main menu, select System Settings.
2. Select Internet> View MAC Address. The wireless MAC address will be listed.
1. From the Switch's Home menu, go to System Settings.
2. Scroll down and select Internet.
3. The MAC address will appear under System MAC address.
1. From the Roku home screen, select Settings> Player info.
2. The wired MAC address is listed next to Ethernet MAC address. The wireless MAC address is listed next to Wireless MAC address.
1. On the main menu, go to Settings> System> System Information.
2. The wireless MAC address will be listed on the screen, and may appear next to MAC address (Wi-Fi).
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Network.
- Click Advanced
- Select the Wi-Fi tab. The Wi-Fi MAC Address is your device's MAC address.
1. Press the Windows key and type "cmd."
2. Type the following command: "ipconfig /all"
3. Under Ethernet, look for the word Physical. That line will be the MAC Address.