Asbury University currently provides Office 365 services to the majority of faculty and staff. One of the features of this service is OneDrive, Microsoft’s cloud storage solution. OneDrive is integrated into many components of Microsoft’s Office 2016 Suite (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, et cetera.) To access the storage space outside of the Microsoft Office software, you may want to install the Microsoft OneDrive application, which will keep information synchronized and give you the ability to treat it like any other folder (not unlike Dropbox or Google Drive.)
What is OneDrive? See the basics of Microsoft OneDrive video here.
For more information on OneDrive for Mac, see Microsoft's support document.
This application you will be using is published by Microsoft in the Mac App Store.
Please note, this documentation was created using macOS Sierra and newer or older OS versions may look slightly different.
1. Open the Mac App Store from your macOS laptop or desktop. You can open it by CLICKING the apple in the top left corner of the screen.
2. In the top right of the App Store window, CLICK the search bar. TYPE OneDrive and search.
3. CLICK install app and enter your Apple ID.
a. Note: This is a free application but will still require an Apple ID to install. The Apple ID used to install this application will not change how it’s used or the account associated with the OneDrive service. For more information about Apple ID, please contact the Service Desk.
4. Once the app has been installed, navigate to the Applications folder and open the newly installed OneDrive.
5. Enter your Asbury University email address and continue.
6. If prompted, CLICK Work or School.
7. Once you’ve been directed to the Asbury University login, enter your password and CLICK Sign In.
8. Next, select where you want to place the OneDrive Folder.
a. Note: This location will likely default to your user space. We recommend you not change this and simply select choose and continue. If you place the OneDrive Folder outside your user folder, it can make it easier for unauthorized users to access the information.
9. CLICK Finish Setup.
10. To access the folder, you can CLICK the OneDrive icon in the menu bar (top left, cloud icon.) and select “Open OneDrive – Asbury University Folder.”
11. You can also access your OneDrive account on your Mac by opening Finder and clicking on the OneDrive/Asbury folder listed there. Drag and drop other items into this folder if you want them to sync with your OneDrive account.
- Call 859-858-5177 or campus extension 2177
- Click to visit us online at http://www.asbury.edu/its
- Or Visit us in the Kinlaw Library, room 131