In order to access your photos, files, and folders you have uploaded to OneDrive you can either go to office.asbury.edu, sign in, and access your OneDrive. You can also access those items from your computer without needing to log in online. To do this, you will need to install the OneDrive for Business on your computer.
What is OneDrive? See the basics of Microsoft OneDrive video here.
1. CLICK the Windows Start button in the left hand corner and TYPE in “OneDrive for Business.”
2. This should bring up the application and it will ask you to sync the application with your OneDrive items online.
a. You will need to be connected to the internet to do this.
3. If you CLICK the “Change” option in blue, this will allow you to choose where you want the folder to be located on your computer.
a. if you had a shared account or secondary O365 account that you wanted to cannot (rather than your personal Asbury account) you can select “Sync a different library instead”
4. SELECT the button that says “Sync Now” and give the process a few minutes to complete.
5. Once the sync is complete you are ready to start accessing your files!
6. Open File Explorer and look for the new folder called “OneDrive – Asbury University.”
a. The The green check mark by the name indicates that the folder is up to date.
- Call 859-858-5177 or campus extension 2177
- Click to visit us online at http://www.asbury.edu/its
- Or Visit us in the Kinlaw Library, room 131