This document describes the process of setting up your Asbury University email account on your Android device (Phone/Tablet). Please note that due to the nature of Android devices, this walkthrough may contain different elements than what you may encounter on your specific device.
Warning: The instructions provided are based off of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and may be different for older or newer devices. Service Desk recommends updating your device to the latest version possible.
If you are running a newer version of Android, please see our documentation on How to Set up Asbury Email on Android v6
To check what OS version you are running please go to Settings -> About Phone -> Android Version. There should be a version number listed, which is what you'll use to determine which piece of documentation to use.
1. Start by tapping the “App Drawer” on one of your home screens.
2. Navigate and tap the “Settings” application.
3. Scroll down and tap “Add account” in the Accounts section.
4. Next, tap the “Email” option.
5. Enter your Asbury credentials in the “Email address” box and your password in the “Password” box, then tap “Manual Setup.”
- If you wish for this account to be the default email address for emails sent from your device, check the “Send email from this account by default” option.
6. When prompted, tap on the button for “Exchange”
7. Input the following into the fields:
- Domain\Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Your account password
- Server: "outlook.office365.com"
- Make sure the “Use secure connection (SSL)” box is checked
8. Tap "Next."
- You may get a “Remote Security Administration” popup box. Tap “OK”
9. To finish setting up your email, you may check whether or not you wish to have Notifications, Contact Sync, Calendar Sync, and whether you with to automatically download attachments when on Wi-Fi. Make sure that “Inbox checking frequency” is set to Automatic (Push), “Days to sync” is set to Automatic, and that the “Sync email from this account” box is checked. When you are ready, tap "Next."
10. You may give this account a name to distinguish it, such as Asbury or Asbury Email. If you wish not to, tap "Next."
11. A window titled “Activate device administrator” will pop up. Tap "Activate."
12. Your email will now begin syncing. If you have any questions or difficulties with this process, please contact the Service Desk.
Call 859-858-5177 or campus extension 2177
Click to visit us online at http://www.asbury.edu/its
- Or Visit us in the Kinlaw Library, room 131