The Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) is available to download for free for current Faculty, Staff, and Students at Asbury. Please follow the instructions below to download Microsoft Office onto your computer.
This install of Office is only valid while you are a current student, faculty, or staff member at Asbury.
How to Download Microsoft Office 365
If you want to see a video on how to download, use the link to view Microsoft's official instructions. Please note, when the video says "Admin Center," you can access the same location by clicking your name > My Profile > Manage Installations when you are logged in to office.asbury.edu. For written directions, continue on this page.
1. The first step is to log into your Asbury email account. To log into your Asbury email online, type "office.asbury.edu" into your web browser's URL bar.
2. The Asbury login page appears with a space for you to enter your credentials on the right-hand side. Please enter your full email address (with the @asbury.edu) and password.
3. Now that you are logged in, locate the "Waffle" icon (9-dot grid) in the top left-hand corner and click on that.
a. Now select "Office 365" at the top of the pop out menu to proceed.
4. A new screen will now display all of the apps available on O365. On the right-hand side, you will see an option to "Install Office Apps." Clicking on this option will begin the Office download.
5. A menu will drop down that allows you to download Office or perform a custom download. Click on the Office 365 Apps option. Use the custom download option only if you need a 32-bit version or another special requirement such as Office in a different language.
If you do not have an option to download the full Office 365 apps suite, contact the Service Desk at email@example.com or at (859) 858-5177.
6. You will be walked through the download process with instructions on this page. Make sure you select "Save File" and say "Yes" to get the download started.
Please note: you must remain connected to the internet while downloading Office. Do not turn off your computer or close your laptop until the download has completed.
7. When the download is finished, you will be prompted to validate the license. Enter your Asbury email address to provide the verification. At that point, the process is complete, and you can begin using Office products.
Please note, if it does not automatically prompt you for verification, open Word, PowerPoint, or Excel and then it should ask you for verification (enter your Asbury email address).