Applies to: Online Students
Answers the questions:
- How do I obtain an ID as an online student?
- How do I take my ID photo?
This documentation will walk through the steps to get an Asbury ID if you are an online student not residing near the Wilmore campus.
Online Student IDs
There are two ways for non-residential students to get IDs. Please use whichever method works best for you.
1. The Student will need to go to a local drugstore that offers passport photos (ex. CVS/Walgreens). These should be a few dollars and should not take long to print.
2. That picture needs to be either scanned and emailed to email@example.com OR mailed to the GPS Department and then the Service Desk will scan it.
a. In either case the student will need to make sure they include a clear message stating that they are an online student wanting an ID made.
3. The Service Desk will use that picture to make a Student ID and then give the physical ID to the GPS Department to mail to the student.
The Student can take a picture themselves and send it in via email to Helpdesk@asbury.edu and ask to have an ID made. The ID will be made using that picture and then will be mailed to them by the GPS Department.
The picture must meet these criteria:
1. The background must be neutral (i.e. White/tan/light yellow/etc.)
2. The person must be well lit.
3. There should be no hats, sunglasses, or anything else to cover the face or head in the picture. This includes filters or the use of photoshop to change the image.
4. There should be several inches of clearance above and to the sides of the head; most of the shoulders should be visible.
a. Please note, all ID pictures are cropped to a square, so the clearance for the head and shoulders must be in the square perimeter.