This document will cover the basics of using Microsoft 365 ( office.asbury.edu) for email, and access to Microsoft Office. office.asbury.edu is the website where you can access your Asbury email online at any time.
- Open a web browser of your choice, and type office.asbury.edu in the address bar and press Enter.
- When prompted to login, enter your full Asbury email address and password in the fields provided.
- The default username is: email@example.com (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The default password should be provided to students by admissions. Faculty and staff should receive their password from their supervisor. If you are unsure of your password, you can reach out to the Service Desk for assistance.
- Click Sign In after you have entered your information.
Composing a New Email1. Click New Message
Deleting an Email
1. Select the email you want to delete.
2. Click Delete on the top tool bar or press the delete button on your keyboard.
Please Note - everyone at Asbury has a 50 GB mailbox which means you should not need to delete emails to save space. If you want emails out of your inbox, but want them searchable for a later time - you can archive them instead. Click Archive, next to delete, to move emails to the Archive folder. This will get them out of your way without deleting them forever!
Searching for an Email
1. Click Search on the top tool bar.
2. Start typing the subject of the email you are looking, the name of the person who sent it, or a keyword in the body of the email. The search function will begin populating results as you type.
1. Click the account icon in the top right corner of the page. This will either be a circle with your initials or a picture of you if you've uploaded one!
2. Click Sign Out from the drop down menu.
Downloading the Microsoft Office Suite